Sunday, January 23, 2011

Aussie Summers

I love a last minute plan to meet friends at a lake in the late afternoon.

I love the kids spending every second playing in the water, even though they are turning blue from cold.
I love chucking a few snags on the barbie for an easy dinner.
I love a great chat with a friend you havn't seen in years while standing in the shallows of the lake watching the kids.
I love a stranger from the next picnic over offering all the kids icey poles because they had too many and they are going to melt anyway.
I love the way kids become such fast friends.
I love the way the kids complain when you announce it is time to head home, EVEN though they are freezing, EVEN though it is getting dark and EVEN though they are exhausted, because they are having SO MUCH FUN.
I love they way the kids fall asleep the moment their head hits the pillow after hours playing in the water.

How Australian is that!

No comments: