Project "My body is a temple" is going great guns. Hmm maybe not the right wording. It is going great but so slow. It has had a knock on affect into other areas of my life that I wasn't quite expecting.
* I am feeling a renewed faith in my bodies abilities to do what I need it to do, to work in the way that it is meant to work. I didn't realise how much I hated and resented my body for being the cause of Lola's death and also for being that constant reminder of my failing. I am finally (after nine months) back to the weight I was before Lola's pregnancy. I still have a way to go but my body is responding in the way I expect it to to all the hard work I am putting back into it.
* I am feeling like I am worthwhile. I deserve to have 30 minutes a day to excercise even if that means someone else in my family has to miss out on 30 minutes of my time. I also feel like I am worthy of spending some of our tight budget on some of the things that I need. I worked out the other day that it has been 14 months since I last had a haircut.
* I have energy. It feels so good to have energy. Energy to play with the kids, energy to excercise, energy to catch up with friends on a weeknight, energy to be organized, energy to keep up with the housework.
* Our budget is benefitting too. From my organization and my energy and my motivation. I have been cooking yummy, healthy food for our lunches and dinners and we have hardly eaten out.
* I feel happy. I have for a few weeks now. I think it is partly excercise endorphines but also because of all of the above.
* My maternity clothes are getting too big! Another constant reminder of my failings and sadness was not fitting into any pre-pregnancy clothes. I have been wearing maternity clothes everyday since Lola was born except in the last week or so. Yippee!
The down side
Actually it isn't so much a down side as a challenge I need to overcome. I have really isolated myself in the last month. I have only attended social gatherings twice in all that time because I just dont trust my willpower when confronted by temptation. I slipped up both times. I dont know how to overcome this issue. I know isolating myself is not healthy so I am working on this.
I'll be back tomorrow with an update on project "A change a month" (towards a more sustainable lifestyle)