Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What's up buttercup?

Making: Christmas decorations with Lola embroidered on them for the grandparents.

Made: Pretty dress for my neice and birthday cakes galore




Attempting: Fabric Dollhouses

Random act of kindness: Cupcakes for my husbands workmates and a couple of other secret ones

Thinking: Of Lola on the 6 month anniversary of her death

Wishing: My Mother-in-law and my neice a happy birthday

Hoping: to find a way to make peace with Lola's death

Dreaming: of our summer holiday by the beach

Questioning: the meaning of all this. What is the point when our lives can be taken away so easily? I mean life is good and all but it is gone in the blink of an eye

Watching: Up

Recently discovered: Kikki k (I know I am slow on this one but OMG so many cute present ideas) and Provincial, I want the whole shop as my house!

Appreciating: my family and some super special friends

Looking forward: to our first crafternoon

Inspired by: Pip Lincolne and Sheye Rosemeyer

Wishing: For happiness not tinged with sadness and guilt

Waiting: for an email from a clairvoyant. (I am driving myself crazy checking my email every other mintue)

Realising: I need help to work through the darkness

Wanting: all those in my life to smile and love and laugh and appreciate and I want to be a better person

Playing: Hooky on thursday from work because it is the 6 month anniversary of Lola being born still. We are going to the chapel where her funeral was held for some peace and perspective

Loving: unleashing my creativity

Not loving: negativity and nastiness

Thanking: those people brave enough to witness my pain for a moment in their day. Your generosity in putting yourself in my shoes for just a moment is AMAZING

3 comments:

still life angie said...

crafternoon is just a perfect phrase. adding coffee behind it, or tea, might be the only thing that could enhance it.

The dress is beautiful.

I found six months to be particularly painful and difficult, so sending you much grounding and love as you move through this week.

XO

PS. I am also waiting for an email from a clairvoyant...excited about that!

Anonymous said...

De-lurking to say:

What a lovely way to organise a post.

Will be thinking of your especially over the next wee while.

e*

Anonymous said...

Kris, yours and Bren's strength amazes me, you have overcome some very big obstacles and did it with the strength of a bull (though you may not see it) and you are taking each day a step at a time. The dress would be worn daily if allowed (needs time for a wash though) and the cake was pretty special and OMG yummy!!!

You are both doing a great job, and we are always here for you. All you have to do is call x
K,M,B,M,L x