Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our Big Night Out


We had a great time!

The kids and the puppy were dropped off at lunch time so we could make the most of the hotel room and our time together. The lovely lady that booked us into "The Grand Hyatt" gave us a late check out of 2pm. What a great start. Our room was on the top floor of the hotel and we had a great view of the city. I took 2 hours to get ready to go out and was not interrupted once. That was 2 hours of pottering around, doing everything I had planned on doing, a sip of champagne here and there, stopping every now and again to check out the view and chatting to hubby. BLISS! I actually felt relaxed and put together on time, rather than rushing out the door and putting make-up on in the car. Such a treat.

Our friends came to join us in our room for a drink and then we all headed out together. We really did have a great time. But as the night went on I felt a dark cloud closing in on me. I was putting in a huge effort to keep smiling, not let anything get to me (even when a guy asked me if I was pregnant with number 2 or number 3) and to keep going. I lasted until 1am. We snuck away, fell into each others arms and cried until we fell asleep.

I managed to sleep in until 9am and then kept myself busy bathing and blowdrying until 10.30 at which point I woke up my husband so we could go for breaky as I was starving! So that was our ever so exciting night away. Made all the more sweeter by Jackson and Millie's squeals of delight when we returned to pick them up!

2 comments:

Davina said...

Kris so glad to see you guys got to have a fun night out. You look stunning - what a treat to be able to get yourself ready without any interruptions and to spend some time together. I am sure the solid nights sleep was well needed too. Love that I am going to be able to read how you are going and to hear your thoughts on little Lola. (LOVE that photo of you and Jack too! Its one of my favs)
xx

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Wow. You look beautiful. That looks like a nice outfit too, from what I can see.

I am glad you got to have some special couple time. x